The strategies in this post will help you solve the can’t connect to Exchange error.
With reading, it looks to be a DNS issue that the autodiscover is not working correctly (my guess). The workaround offered is to set up the DNS by hand. Once I did, my meetings appeared on Skype.
Here are the steps I did to manually set up the Android. The same steps worked for my iPhone.
- Go into Settings -> Exchange and HTTP Proxy are the 2 items that need to be updated.
- Open “Exchange“.
- Turn off the “Auto-Detect Server“.
- Type in Outlook.office365.com as the Exchange Web Services.
- Open the HTTP Proxy and fill in the domain information (techieberry) and the UPN as users name and LAN Password. Exit settings and go to the main screen.
- Wait a few minutes for the “Sign into your Exchange account” message to appear.
- Click on the message. Type in your SMTP for both your user name and email address.
- Type in your LAN password. Select OK.
- And now my meetings appear.
Now you know how to solve the problem of can’t connect to exchange. Please try later in Android and iPhone.
I would encourage you to perform the autodiscover test if the above steps fail.
Also read: How to migrate Skype meetings to teams?
Want to improve your Skype for Business experience for better productivity? Check out the tips and tricks mentioned here.
Now it’s your turn:
Did I miss anything? Or maybe you have a question about something that I covered.
Either way, I’d like to hear from you. So go ahead and leave a comment below.