Today I’m going to show you how to add background to Microsoft Teams App.
Microsoft Teams has a fabulous feature to add effect to your video meetings and you can choose your background to video meetings or choose one from the available background. This is helpful because you will see your real environment if you don’t use custom backgrounds. For instance, you’re working at home and your loved ones may be walking around you.
Change Microsoft Teams App Background
- Open “Windows Explorer“
- Go to the “File” menu (top left corner)
- Select “Change File and Search Options“
- Go to the “View” tab
- Enable “Show hidden files, folders, and drives“
- Click “Apply” and Ok
- Navigate to file path, C:\Users\”username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\Backgrounds\Uploads
- Place image in the uploads folder.
Now, the custom image is uploaded to the folder. We will add them to a meeting using the below steps.
- Join a meeting.
- Make sure your camera is turned on. If your camera is not already switched on, click on the camera icon.
- Click the 3 dots and click Show background effects
- Go to the bottom of the effects to see the uploaded image.
- Select the image and click Preview to check the effects.
- Click Apply
- If you are interested in using a different background and not a custom background, you may select one of the images available after selected Show background effects.
How to test background effects?
Of course, you want to test this yourself first. You don’t want to spend 5 minutes in your next meeting figuring out how to set this up. To test how to set background effects, do the following:
- Open Microsoft Teams and click on Calendar on the left
- Click Meet now
- Make sure your camera (and possibly microphone) are switched on
- Click Join now
- You are now in your own meeting, without participants.
- Feel free to click all options to discover all the possibilities of Teams meetings.
Here are a few more related articles that you should check out:
- The Awesome Tips Of Microsoft Teams Filters You Need To Know
- How To Turn Into a Potato On Microsoft Teams
To get more information, visit Microsoft website.
Want to improve your Microsoft 365 Teams experience for better productivity? Check out the tips and tricks mentioned here.
Which finding from today’s post did you find most interesting? Or maybe you have a question about something that I covered.
Either way, I’d like to hear from you. So go ahead and leave a comment below.