Wanting to know how to archive team in Microsoft Teams app. You are in the right place.
- Archive a team when it’s no longer active, but you want to keep it around for reference or to reactivate in the future. The conversations and files in the team become read-only once you archive it. You will still be able to search through it for stuff you need – you can even keep it as a favorited.
- All of the team activity is frozen once the team is archived. No one will be able to start new conversations or reply to posts in a channel, add or remove channels, edit team settings, or add apps.
- As a team owner, you will still be able to add or remove members, update roles, and delete, renew, or restore an archived team.
- Only team owners can archive and restore teams.
How to archive a team?
- Select “Teams” on the left menu to get a list of your teams.
- At the bottom of the list select “Manage Teams” (gear icon).
- In the active list, find the name of the team you want to archive.
For example, I prefer to archive Test1
- Select More Options (…) > Archive team.
- Select “Archive“
- The team is archived.
So you learnt how to archive a team in Microsoft Teams. What if you want to restore them. Keep reading.
How to restore a team?
Select “Teams” on the left menu to get a list of your teams.
At the bottom of the list select “Manage teams” (gear icon)
- In the Archived list, find the name of the team you want to restore.
- Select More Options (…)
- Select “Restore team“
- The archived team is active now.
- For some reason, the restored team is listed under Hidden teams.
- To move them into Your Teams
- Select “Team“
- More Options (…)
- Select “Show“
- Now, it looks good.
For more information, visit Microsoft website.
Also Read: How To Create a Private Channel In MS Teams
Want to improve your Microsoft 365 Teams experience for better productivity? Check out the tips and tricks mentioned here.
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Did I Miss Anything? Maybe you have a question about something that I covered.
Either way, I’d like to hear from you. So go ahead and leave a comment below.