Today I’m going to show you how to block a number in Skype for Business. Unfortunately, there’s not a one-click way how to block a number in Skype for Business and I don’t think Microsoft has worked out this just yet.
However, we do have a workaround to block a certain number not to ring your phone number mapped to Skype. Here are the steps which should help how to block a number in Skype for Business.
- Go to Outlook – Contacts
- Create a new contact called “Blocked Contact”
- At “E-mail” enter in a dummy email address eg email@example.com
- Note: You need to enter in an email address otherwise Skype for Business will not be able to see the contact.
- At “Phone numbers” enter in the phone number you wish to block.
- Note: Ensure to include the country code. For Example, +1987654321
- Save the contact.
- Go to “Skype for Business“
- Search then add “Blocked Contact” into your contact list
- Right-click on “Blocked Contact” then select “Change Privacy Relationship” and select “Blocked Contacts”
- If the blocked contact dials your number it will still ring then divert to voicemail.
- You will not receive a pop up on your screen indicating a call is coming through.
- Though you will still receive an email indicating a missed call and/or a voicemail.
For more information, check Microsoft website.
Want to improve your Skype for Business experience for better productivity? Check out the tips and tricks mentioned here.
Are you interested in learning the tips and tricks for Microsoft Teams, check here.
Did I Miss Anything? Or maybe you have a question about something that I covered.
Either way, I’d like to hear from you. So go ahead and leave a comment below.