Wanting to know on how to reset a PIN in Microsoft Teams? You’re in the right place.
The only time the meeting organizer will ever get prompted for a PIN is when they dial the phone number to join the meeting.
There are two options on how to reset a PIN in Microsoft Teams and they are listed below.
Option 1: Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- Go to “Teams admin center“
- Expand Users and select “Manage Users“
- Click on the hourglass and search for the user
- Double click on the user to open their properties
- Under Account > Audio Conferencing
- Beside their PIN click on “Reset PIN”
- Click “Yes“
- A new pin will be generated and disabled on the screen.
An email is NOT sent to the user. You have to share the PIN with the user.
Option 2: Powershell
Use the Microsoft Teams Powershell command to change the PIN.
Set-CsOnlineDialInConferencingUser -Identity “Affected Account” –ResetLeaderPIN -SendEmail -SendEmailToAddress “Affected Account Email Address”
The new PIN is displayed on the screen and an email IS sent to the user.
Note: The email may be flagged as JUNK
For more information, check the Microsoft website.
Want to improve your Microsoft Teams experience for better productivity? Check out the tips and tricks mentioned here.
Which options from today’s post are you going to try first? Or maybe you have a question about something that I covered.
Either way, I’d like to hear from you. So go ahead and leave a comment below.