Today I’m going to show you on how to manage Microsoft teams meeting delegation.
What is delegation management?
- You may grant another user access to schedule Teams Meetings on your behalf. This is called granting delegate access.
- The delegator (Executive/Manager):
- Must have configured their mail profile in Outlook. If more than one account is configured in Outlook, the delegator’s account must be set as the default.
- Only manage delegations using your Windows PC. The Microsoft teams app must connect to Outlook (through MAPI) to read the delegate settings.
- Both Outlook and Teams clients must be running at the same time otherwise the delegation permission will not correctly sync to Teams.
- If there is an issue with the delegate scheduling a Teams Meeting on behalf of the executive, it is advised for the executive to remove the delegate and re-add the delegate.
- The delegate:
- It is recommended that you have signed into Teams on your Windows PC at the same time you are granted delegate access.
How to setup teams meeting delegation?
- Log into Outlook and Teams on the PC
- Switch Outlook to Online mode. To do this, Go to File -> Account Settings -> Highlight the name and click Change -> Uncheck the ‘use Exchange mode’. Close Outlook and re-open it for the changes to take effect.
- From Outlook, go to File -> Account Settings -> Delegate Access. Highlight the user who wishes to have delegate access (or add the user if not listed).
- Click on Permissions, and choose “Editor” access from the Calendar drop-down list.
- Click OK to exit.
- After adding the delegate to Delegator’s Outlook, sign out and then sign back into Teams.
- Also, the delegate who was granted access, should sign-out and sign back into teams.
- Please do make sure to enable ‘cached mode’ in Outlook after this change on Delegator’s PC.
How do I stop receiving outlook calendar invites from someone else?
- Ensure both outlook and Teams are running at the same time
- Launch “Outlook“
- Go to “File“
- Go to “Account Settings“
- Select “Delegate Access“
- Highlight the user you wish to remove delegate access.
- Click on the “Remove” button.
Can I schedule a teams meeting for someone else?
To schedule a meeting, the delegate will need to access the executive calendar (at least as ‘Editor’) in order to schedule the Teams meeting.
- If you are the delegate, open the appropriate calendar in Outlook
- Select the date and time you want to schedule the Meeting
- Click on the Teams Meeting icon on the top of the meeting bar to generate the conference.
To get more information, visit the Microsoft website.
Want to improve your Microsoft Teams experience for better productivity? Check out the tips and tricks mentioned here.
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Which finding from today’s post did you find most interesting? Or maybe you have a question about something that I covered.
Either way, I’d like to hear from you. So go ahead and leave a comment below.