Today, I am going to show you what is auto attendant in Microsoft Teams App.
- Auto Attendant is a virtual switchboard operator. It receives calls on behalf of an organization and finds people in the organization based on DTMF (dual-tone multi-frequency) or voice responses from the caller.
- The Auto Attendant then connects each call to the appropriate Microsoft 365 Teams user. The Auto Attendant can work in conjunction with an actual operator or server as the sole switchboard operator for an organization.
- Auto Attendants can be configured to work within specific business hours and redirect after hour calls.
- Phone System in Office 365 teams auto attendants can be used to create a menu system for your organization that lets external and internal callers move through a menu system to locate and place or transfer calls to company users or departments in your organization.
- When people call, they are presented with a series of voice prompts that help them place a call to a user or locate someone in your organization and then place a call to that user.
- An auto attendant is a series of voice prompts or an audio file that callers hear instead of a human operator when they call into an organization. An auto attendant lets callers move through the menu system, place calls, or locate users by using a phone keypad (DTMF) or voice inputs using speech recognition.
For instructions to set up an auto attendant in Phone System, click here.
Want to improve your Microsoft 365 Teams experience for better productivity? Check out the tips and tricks mentioned here.
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Did I Miss Anything? Maybe you have a question about something that I covered.
Either way, I’d like to hear from you. So go ahead and leave a comment below.