The ultimate guide to show you how to use the whiteboard in teams.
Before I get started, here are a couple of things you can do:
- We have written the tutorial for Microsoft teams basics which is really interesting to learn.
- We have also written posts to improve your Microsoft Teams experience for better productivity. Check out the tips and tricks mentioned here.
Let’s dive right in.
What is a whiteboard in teams?
- Microsoft Whiteboard provides a free-shape intelligent canvas where teams can create and collaborate visually via the cloud.
- Designed for pen and touch, it helps you to write or draw as smoothly as you would with ink, while automatically recognizing and transforming shapes and tables as you draw.
- It enhances teamwork by allowing all team members to edit and comment directly on the canvas in real-time, no matter where they are and all your work stays safe in the cloud, ready to be picked back up from another location or device.
- It complements teamwork by permitting all team members to edit and comment directly on the canvas in the real-time, irrespective of where they’re. And all your work remains secure inside the cloud, equipped to be picked again up from any other region or device.
How do you use the whiteboard in teams?
- You can share a whiteboard to make it available to all participants in a Teams meeting. After joining a Teams meeting, click the “Share” icon in the share tray of the meeting.
- In the Whiteboard section, select “Microsoft Whiteboard“
- As soon as the Whiteboard canvas has been started, Teams meeting attendees will be able to write on it.
- To begin, click the “Pen” icon, select a color and then begin to draw, sketch or write on the board. Attendees can write on the board simultaneously.
- If you use Whiteboard in Teams the options are fairly limited with 4 pens to choose and a rubber.
- Click “Stop Presenting” to stop using the whiteboard in the meeting.
Whiteboard in teams limitations
- The whiteboard in ms teams app is available for Windows or iOS, it is not yet available for android devices. It can be downloaded from the app stores.
- If you share a whiteboard during a Teams meeting that is being recorded, it will not be part of the recording. This is a feature that Microsoft is working on.
- The ability to start a new whiteboard is currently limited to the Microsoft Teams clients on Windows 10 and for the web. The Teams apps for iOS only view whiteboards that have already been created.
Microsoft teams whiteboard download
Let’s kickoff with the download to easily collaborate with others or access your boards from any device.
How to install Microsoft Whiteboard for Windows 10?
You could use the web interface – however, I locate that the capability available in the web interface doesn’t do Microsoft Whiteboard justice. I have a computer and downloaded it from the Microsoft Store.
How to install Microsoft Whiteboard for iOS?
- From your iOS device, navigate to and open the “App Store“
- Search for and download the iOS app, “Microsoft Whiteboard”
- Sign in to use “Microsoft Whiteboard“
- Important: To be able to sign into Whiteboard you need to have the Microsoft Authenticator app installed.
How to create a new whiteboard in teams?
- From meetings not related to a channel, you can reach the related whiteboard before the meeting. If you open the meeting from the calendar in Microsoft Teams, there’s a tab called Whiteboard.
- From a channel meeting you can share a whiteboard at some point of the meeting however it won’t appear as a tab and although it changed into created for a team you may share it with the those who didn’t attend the meeting.
- If you open the meeting again (let’s say it’s a recurring meeting), you’ll have the same whiteboard. When sharing as in the image above, people can write on the whiteboard in the shared meeting screen.
How do I add other content types to the whiteboard in a Teams meeting?
- Whiteboard in teams meetings currently helps inking collectively on the digital canvas from within teams. Microsoft will be including additional content material sorts to Whiteboard for web, which powers the Whiteboard in teams meetings experience.
- For richer capability, teams meeting attendees can open the whiteboard they are editing inside the full-featured Microsoft Whiteboard apps for home windows 10 or iOS to feature different content material sorta and use additional features. These changes will appear in the whiteboard being edited inside the teams meeting.
Can I access and continue working on a whiteboard after a Teams meeting ends?
- After a teams meeting, the whiteboard will be available to all participants from the teams meeting chat, in a tab labeled Whiteboard. The whiteboard can also be available in the Board Gallery inside the Microsoft Whiteboard apps for windows 10 and iOS, so that meeting attendees can keep collaborating on a whiteboard even after a meeting has ended.
- Note: This functionality is currently not available in the Microsoft groups iOS and Android apps. You could work on whiteboards after the teams conferences have concluded through using the Microsoft teams clients on windows 10 or the web.
Can anyone start or ink on a whiteboard in a Teams meeting?
- Teams meeting attendees within the same Microsoft 365 tenant can be capable of begin, view and ink on whiteboards in teams conferences.
- Whiteboard in teams conferences does now not currently assist starting a new whiteboard, view the whiteboard, or inking through anonymous, federated, or external customers.
Now you know how to use the whiteboard in teams. It is a very interesting piece of software. You can use it for brainstorming, project planning, problem solving and even recording. Let’s hope you get it back working for yourself and your team. Tell us what you think about the application in the comments below.
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Which finding from today’s report did you find most interesting? Or maybe you have a question about something that I covered.
Either way, I’d like to hear from you. So go ahead and leave a comment below.