I have got a pretty cool post today that show you on how to schedule teams meeting from shared mailbox. A shared mailbox has a shared calendar to keep track of important events, activities, appointments, vacations and you do more within the shared calendar. When you go to create teams meeting on a shared mailbox, does it include dial-in details, such as conference ID and dial-in number? Probably the answer is no as per this article.
I spent some time to check the behavior with a couple of shared mailboxes in a Hybrid environment and results appeared to be negative on outlook and OWA. But, I didn’t give up and tried something else. After some efforts, I was able to schedule teams meeting on a shared mailbox.
Are you interested in knowing what the fix I applied? Keep reading. I initially added the mailbox using the first option but no dial-in details were visible.
- In Outlook click on “File“
- Select “Account Settings” -> Account Settings
- Under the Email tab click on Change, then More Settings
- go to “Advanced“
- Click “Add“
- Type in NAMEOFTHESHAREDMAILBOX
- Click OK
- Click Apply and OK to complete adding the shared mailbox.
- If you have more than 1 you can add the rest at the same time. Apply and OK to complete adding the shared mailbox(s).
- Access to the shared mailbox will be resumed and you will now be able to “Send As” the shared mailbox without getting a non-delivery failure.
I decided to add a shared mailbox using the add account method which is the second option and it worked.
- From Outlook 2013 and higher, click on File -> Click “Add account“
- At the ‘Add Account’ screen, it will ask you to enter an email address or name, type in the email address of the shared mailbox
- Click “Connect“
- You will be prompted to enter the password
- Replace the shared mailbox email address on the sign-in page your email address and your password.
- Click “Sign-in” and wait for 5-10 minutes
- Close the outlook and launch it again
- The mailbox will appear on the left side on outlook.
After added the mailbox, waited for some time to update calendars, emails and folders and checked the issue and dial-in information started showing.
I would like to inform you that when users access the shared mailbox in via OWA, they don’t have an option to view the dial-in information and they can only view it on outlook.
What if the above steps do not work?
That’s a great question. A user who wishes to schedule a Teams meeting on a shared mailbox should have the Microsoft Teams and Microsoft 365 Audio Conferencing license. They get an error if they don’t have these licenses so make sure it’s issued.
Limits and Specifications for Microsoft Teams
There are some limitations on Microsoft Teams which is good to know. I have listed them below.
|Teams and Channels|
|Number of teams a user can create||Subject to a 250-object limit|
|Number of members in a team||5,000|
|Number of members in an org-wide team||5,000|
|Number of teams a global admin can create||500,000|
|Number of teams an Office 365 tenant can have||500,000|
|Number of channels per team||200 (includes deleted channels)|
|Meetings and calls|
|Number of people in a meeting||250|
|Number of people in a private chat||50|
|Storage||1 TB per organization plus 10 GB per license purchased|
|Storage for Teams Files||Up to 25 TB per site collection or group|
|File upload limit||15 GB|
|Message size limit||25 KB|
|File attachments limit||10 KB|
|Inline images limit||50 KB|
Congratulations! You have learnt how to schedule teams meeting from shared mailbox and also got to know about limitations on Microsoft Teams.
Want to improve your Microsoft Teams experience for better productivity? Check out the tips and tricks mentioned here.
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Which finding from today’s report did you find most interesting? Or maybe you have a question about something that I covered.
Either way, I’d like to hear from you. So go ahead and leave a comment below.